Environmental Working Group (EWG) seeks a bachelors-level GIS analyst to join our team in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
EWG is a national research and advocacy organization that empowers people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment. Our Minneapolis team employs cutting edge geospatial and data analysis to help shape policy and programs in public and private sector to achieve clean water and air and a healthy environment for people. We bring our expertise to bear to support advocacy efforts of partners at local, state and federal levels.
The GIS Analyst will work in close collaboration with our team of researchers and analysts as well as our media and government affairs experts to support EWG’s work to improve environmental health. The Analyst will secure, manage, map and analyze data to support EWG research projects with a particular focus on the effect of land use and management on water, air and environmental health.
- Support EWG’s advocacy goals with ongoing and new research.
- Assist in the development and management various products and projects across EWG departments.
- Assist production of on the fly figures, graphics and maps to support organizational needs.
- Assist in developing, deploying and maintaining geospatial scripts, models and other processes.
- Automating analytical processes and data collection for efficient workflow and analysis.
- Optimizing project data, analysis, and outputs for easy retrieval and storage.
- Staying informed on current environmental and public health issues and policy developments.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in geography, public health, environmental sciences or another related field.
- One to two years of GIS experience using GIS software (ArcGIS, QGIS, and etc.), collecting geospatial data, analyzing satellite imagery, tabular data, and publishing maps.
- Proficiency with GPS devices and other geospatial data collection.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point and Access)
- Experience using and writing SQL and other database programs.
- Knowledge and experience with data visualization tools and applications.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working within a team environment under pressure to meet deadlines.
Send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Brett Dorow at [email protected].