Ethanol Report 2012: Ethanol Tips
Easy Ways to Save Money & Reduce Gas Consumption
A few simple steps can save money on gas – and reduce your emissions – more than you might realize. The single most effective thing you can do is to drive a hybrid or electric vehicle that uses little or no gas. If that's not feasible, here's how you can cut the economic and environmental costs of driving.
- Keep tires inflated to the recommended pressure.
- Use the right grade of motor oil (check the manual).
- Replace air filters when you change oil (your engine will run more efficiently).
- Replace worn spark plugs.
- Repair leaks from engine oil or other fluids.
- Plan ahead to combine errands and other trips.
- Carpool when you can.
- Live close to work if possible or telecommute.
- Take public transportation (bus, train, subway, etc.) if available.
- Walk, run or bike. You'll be healthier, too!